International visits, 2012/13 academic year
- The cooperation with international institutions and funds made it possible to invite to OSU in 2012/13 academic year international educators: Bartholomaeus Minkowski, Bosch Fund lecturer (Germany), Elizabeth Christine MC Bean, Fulbright fellow (USA), Tomoko Ishibashi, ASCOM Ltd. volunteer (Japan), Dominique Cadiet, member of Slaventures Association (France).
- On September 18 Juliane Christina Geick, film director and Eberhard Karl Ernst Geick, cameraman from Germany visited OSU as a part of their stay in Orenburg where they came to participate in the "Days of Germany in Orenburg".
- On September 20 OSU rector Prof. Kovalevskiy held a meeting with Motoyuki Ishize, Minister-counselor, Director of information department at the Embassy of Japan in Russia who came to OSU to attend the IXÜFestival "Days of Japan at OSU".
- On September 26 a delegation from "John Deere Agricultural Holdings, Inc." paid a visit to OSU. The company’s representativesÜ— Thomas Peuntner, Phillip Murphy, Dmitry Novgorodov and Elena GershanovichÜ— discussed with OSU top-executives the possibilities for cooperation. They also presented the company’s branch in Orenburg to OSU students and staff.
- On October 4 OSU hosted Krzysztof Zanussi, Polish film director, screenwriter, president of the jury at the International Film Festival "East and West: classics and avant-garde".
- On October 15–20 seven Master students and a lecturer from Aktubinsk State University named after K. Zhubanov took a training course on Russian philology.
- On October 24 OSU held a business seminar "Strategic goals of managers in successful companies". The invited speaker was a lecturer from Japan Mr.ÜYoÜKoji.
- On November 12 a lecturer from Spain Alberto Sanchez Leon started his work at OSU. In 2012Ü— 2013 he will teach Spanish OSU Philology students as well as all interested who are welcome to enroll into Spanish language courses.
- On December 3–8 eleven Master students from Aktubinsk State University named after K.ÜZhubanov took a training course on methodology of scientific research.
- On December 18–22 our university hosted a group of 18ÜMaster students and a lecturer from Kizilorda State University named after Korkit. International students took a course on methodology of scientific research.
- On December 28–30 Tomoyuki Arakawa from the Japanese Fund lectured at OSU and had classes with the students who study the Japanese language and culture.
- On JanuaryÜ11 Ryotaro Kobayashi from "AIS Planning" had a class with the students who study the Japanese language and culture.
- On February 17–24 Michael Sebek from the Bosch Fund held conducted seminars for the students who study German.
- On February 22–23 Eric Daniel Antoine, Director of Alliance Française de Samara, participated in the Week of Romanic languages.
- On March 11–15 Balsai Karshigina, Master student from Aktubinsk State University named after K.ÜZhubanov took a training course on methodology of scientific research.
- On MarchÜ22 Masayuki Matsumura from World Business Associates conducted a business seminar "Principles of long life in Japanese companies".
- From March 18th through April 13th, as part of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), LudwigÜ— Maximillian University (Munich) professor of German language for foreigners, Angelika Maria Jodl, gave lectures on contemporary German literature to students and teachers of the Department of German Philology and Methodology of German language Teaching.
- On April 9th, the third International Scientific Conference "Economics of border regions in terms of modernization: problems and perspectives of development" was attended by guests from Aktobe State University named after K.ÜZhubanov: head of the Department of Economics and Management, Ukitai Bayzhomoratov; Dean of the Department of Economics, Bauirzhan Zhunusov; professor from the Department of Public Administration and Marketing, Maksat Darishev; ASU undergraduate student, Zaura Saidulaeva. In addition, professor from the Department of Management of Eurasian National University named after L.N.ÜGumilyov, Nickolaj Yuvitsa also presented a report at the conference.
- On April 9–12, the University hosted a seminar for French teachers under the auspices of the French Embassy in the Russian Fedration. The following French experts participated in this seminar: Patrick Deplanque, Attaché for Cooperation in Education of the French Embassy in the Russian Federation; Hélène Buisson, Attaché for Cooperation in French Language of the French Embassy in the Russian Federation; the Consulate General of France in Ekaterinburg; Anne-Claire Peno, teacher at the Institut de Touraine.
- On April 10–13, teachers and students of the Philology Faculty were trained in modern English literature. These lectures were conducted by Oxford University professor, Karen Hewitt.
- From April 20–27, Martin Praxenthaler, teacher of German as a Foreign Language at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich visited Orenburg State University. During his visit, Praxenthaler led an intensive German language course for students of the German language center.
- From April 22–26, eight Master students of the Zhubanov Aktobe State University received training on methodologies of scientific research. The delegation was led by the head of the Information Systems department, S.ÜSarsimbaeva.
- From April 22–27, our university was vistied by Vasileios Psarianos, professor of transportation technology from the National Technical University of Athens (Greece), and Alfonso Montella, professor of civil engineering and landscape architecture from the University of Naples Federico II (Italy). Our international guests took part in XIÜInternational Research and Training Conference "Advanced Technologies in Transportation Systems", and discussed the implementation of the Tempus project "Highway Design and Management: curricular reform for Russian Federation. Design and Implementation of Higher Education Master Courses in Russia".
- From May 13–23, twenty one Master students from the Utemisov West Kazakhstan State University received training on methodologies of scientific research.
- From June 2–7 teachers of German as a Foreign Language at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich Annette Johanna Gschwilm and Christiane Feuser examined OSU German Center students in DSH.
- On June 7 the university welcomed Jean-Paul Masquida, an architect from the agency "EURL d´Architecture".
- On June 17–21 teachers from OSU department of Theory and Practice of Translation took an upgrading course in American English. The main invited speaker was Kathryn Rexford, an educator from USA.