International visits, 2013/14 academic year
- The cooperation with international institutions and funds made it possible to invite to OSU in 2013/14 academic year international educators: Bartholomaeus Minkowski, Bosch Fund lecturer (Germany), Colum Leckey, Fulbright fellow (USA), Shota Kushibiki (Japan), Hélène Mosquet (France).
- On September 17 OSU hosted the participants of Days of German culture in Orenburg: Markus Forster, Consul from the Consulate General of Germany in Ekaterinburg; Dirk Sager, TV journalist; Winfried Adolf Vogel, Honorary Chairman of the European Military Press Association and Director of "White Rose" Fund; Christoph Ehrenfried Hein, writer; Inge Erna Else Heym, widow of Stefan Heym, writer.
- On September 23 — October 1 prof. A. Nurumov from University of Economics, Finances and International Trade (Kazakhstan) participated in the OSU conference "Designing basic lines for statistics and econometrics development".
- On September 26–28 the university welcomed the participants of "The Days of Statistics at OSU" prof. A.ÜAvrov from T.ÜRyskulov Kazakh University of Economics and prof. M.ÜIsin from S.ÜToraighyrov Pavlodar State University.
- On September 28 — October 5 OSU hosted a painter from Germany Artur Piotr Klose.
- On October 14–23 the university held "The Days of Japan at OSU". Chie Tamura, 3d Secretary of the Embassy of Japan in Russia, 11Üadministrators from "JapanÜ— Russia Cooperation" and 4Ümembers of "Japan Center in Nizhny Novgorod" attended the festival.
- On December 6–7 Prof. Shoev N., President of Tajikistan University of Technology visited OSU.
- On December 9 Mario Salazar from Costa Rica started to teach Spanish at OSU.
- On December 25 an educator from Germany Tobias Schmalhofer participated in the celebrations of Christmas.
- On December 29 — January 4 Tomoko Ishibashi from Japan-Russia Youth Exchange Center visited OSU to meet students who study Japanese language and culture.
- On January 23–26 OSU hosted a delegation from Turku University of Applied Sciences (Finland).
- On March 19–24 nine students from Japanese universities took an intensive Russian language course at OSU.
- Through March 17 — April 12 seventeen Master students from Korlit Ata Kizilorda State University (Kazakhstan) took a training course in methodology of scientific research.
- Through March 30 — April 5 Martin Praxenthaler from Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich and Karin Charlotte Sophie Gundlach from Center for Language, Culture and Professional Training "Klartext e.V." led an intensive German language course for students of the OSU German language center.
- On April 6–7 executives from German Embassy in Moscow Gebert Andreas and Rusakov Michail presented the exhibition "IMAGINARY".
- On April 8–11 sixteen Master students from the Zhubanov Aktubinsk Regional State University (Kazakhstan) took a training course in methodology of scientific research.
- From May 12–21, twenty five Master students from the Utemisov West Kazakhstan State University (Kazakhstan) took a training course in methodology of scientific reasearch.
- From May 18–23 teachers of German as a Foreign Language at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (Germany) Angelika Maria Jodl and Maria Merkel examined OSU German Center students in DSH.
- On May 28 Dzhulaeva B. and Dzhulaeva G., teachers from Aktubinsk regional special boarding school for gifted children (Kazakhstan) particiapted in the International theoretical and practical seminar "Reforms in the system of himanitarian and social education: experience analyses in post-soviet states".
- On May 30 the university welcomed Jean-Paul Masquida, an architect from the agency "EURL d´Architecture" and Jean-Alain Heraud, a professor of the University of Strasbourg (France).
- From June 9–11 teachers from OSU Faculty of Philology took an upgrading course in American Studies. The main invited speaker was Kathryn Ann Rexford, an educator from the USA.
- On JulyÜ28Ü— AugustÜ2 our university hosted IX English Language and Networking Course for partner-universities: OSU, Hämeenlinna University of Applied Sciences (Finland) and VIA University College (Denmark).